Below you will find our roadmap for new features and improvements to Cloudify, including notes on those currently being worked on.
Cloudify aims for a minor release every 4-6 months with new features, bug fixes, security enhancements, and more. A service release with bug and security fixes is also intended for delivery every 1-2 months. The next release is Cloudify 4.0, expected in Q1 2017. Items that are marked as In Progress below are included in this release.
- High Availability: HA setup will ensure the uptime of Cloudify Manager in production environments. IN-PROGRESS
- Multi-tenancy: The ability to set tenants with a Cloudify Manager and isolate resources among them, such that one tenant does not have visibility of, nor the ability to access, data/resources of another. IN-PROGRESS
- Pre-bootstrap Verification: As part of the bootstrap process, Cloudify automatically verifies as many variables as possible before actually initiating the bootstrap process. Specifically – IaaS API credentials and quotas, validity of specified parameters such as image ID, etc in order to ensure successful bootstrap of Cloudify Manager. IN-PROGRESS
- Encrypted Data Store: Encrypted key/value store for storing application-sensitive data such as cloud credentials, secrets and configuration parameters, which users can then access via blueprints.
- Manager Settings Configuration: Allows users to easily modify and apply manager configuration elements to Cloudify Manager, during runtime, via dedicated CLI commands and GUI elements.
Core Orchestration, DSL, and App Modeling
- OASIS TOSCA Simple Profile YAML 1.0: Introduce support for modeling applications and VNFs using standard OASIS TOSCA Simple Profile 1.0 YAML DSL. IN PROGRESS
- ARIA Integration: Utilizing the ARIA TOSCA Orchestration Library for all orchestration and workflow capabilities. IN-PROGRESS
- Service Composition: Consume existing, running deployed services with new application blueprints for service composition and building microservices architecture.
- Application Blueprint Versioning: The ability to upload new versions of application blueprints, and apply them selectively to running deployments.
- Resuming Failed Workflows: Built-in ability for Cloudify Manager to resume from the last successful execution point. This is useful when the workflow fails due to infrastructure allocation error, quotas, etc.
- Scheduled Workflow Execution: The ability to schedule a workflow execution at a future time, such as scaling the number of web server VMs at a certain time of the day.
- Improved Multi-cloud Support: Better support for multi and hybrid cloud environments.
Cloudify Ops Console (Cloudify WebUI)
- Ops Console Widgets Mechanism: Frontend re-architecture with the ability to load dynamic widgets.
- Application Service Management: IN-PROGRESS
- Service Quota
- Service Catalog
- Service Reporting
- Performance / Utilization
Cloudify Plugins and Integrations
- GCP Plugin: Complete integration with GCP. IN-PROGRESS
- OpenStack Mitaka: Add support for Mitaka release of OpenStack
- Mesos Plugin: Support for Mesos integration for orchestrating and scheduling cluster deployments.
- General Plugin Improvements: Ability to extend and reuse plugins and workflows more easily.
- User Experience: Simplify and improve the day to day user experience of Cloudify Composer
- Two-way blueprint editing : 2-Way Editing between of the application topology UI and source.
- Built-in blueprint templates for common scenarios
Cloudify For NFV
- VMware VIM: Certification for VMWare VIM components (VMWare Integrated OpenStack, vCloud Director, vSphere, NSX)
- YANG to TOSCA translator and Netconf YANG plugin: The ability to generate TOSCA models from YANG descriptors, using the generated TOSCA types in a blueprint, and translate to Netconf commands upon blueprint installation.
- Robust IMS Reference Implementations: Clearwater IMS
- Intel EPA certification
How to Get Support
Subscribe to the Cloudify tag on Stack Overflow, and feel free to ask your questions amongst cloud pros.
Feel free to reach out by email with any question you may have – we’re always happy to help.